Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mommy Rocks Dinner

I have seen something several times on Pinterest and on Facebook...so I decided to give it a shot.  Okay, so it is kind of gross, but man, did I have fun.  It is really easy to live in the moment when you have two happy kids being their own kind of industrious while you make dinner.  And then to laugh like crazy with them during the meal is the most beautiful thing in the world to me.  So often I am harried and just trying to get dinner on the table so bed time will come ASAP.  Tonight I took a breath, and decided to just jump in and have some fun - and it was beautiful.

Step 1)  Gather the the fixins!


Step 2)  Fix the fixins!










Step 3)  Fix the water! (I invented this colorful step all by myself)










Step 4)  Cook the fixins!





Step 5) Strain and Admire!  Oh come on...let your inner 3-year-old dance with delight about green noodles and Nathan's hot dogs!










Step 6) <CRITICAL> Feed to small children and thoroughly enjoy every moment of creativity and hilarity that ensues.
Look, Mommy!  I made a spider!
 


And yes, there were vegetables, fruit and yogurt with dinner too.  :-)


I deserve BEAUTY in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment