Thursday, March 7, 2013

Freezer Meals

I had a beautiful day today!  I have decided to completely release myself from housework this week and devote myself to me.  I do the minimal things like dishes, but the rest of it is on hold.  This week is my treat to myself.  My weekend was so powerful and intense that daily life feels like a treat.  I DESERVE the soft feeling of relief.  So much just doesn't seem to matter this week.  It was a wonderful thing to go do something creative and communal with friends.

I am allowing myself to feel the Compassion and Power that I regained, while at the same time allowing some of my shame to dissipate.  Instead, I am taking an emotional vacation this week.  I DESERVE my emotional vacation.  Making meals with my friends, enjoying the crazy spring weather, basking in the delight of my children's quirkiness, and feeling my Power are where I am at right now, and it is a beautiful place to be.

Two friends and I decided to get together today to make freezer meals.  I had never done it before, and decided to ask them if they wanted to give it a try.  One was inexperienced like me, and the other had done it before. They both got excited and we all decided to give it a go!

Freezer meals are a wonderful thing.  We all get together, and each make three batches of a meal to freeze.  Then we exchange the meals.  I made three batches of my Cranberry Meatballs (my husband's favorite) and came home with one pan of meatballs, a pan of stuffed manicotti, and a container of white chicken chili.

These ladies were just as excited about it as I was.  In no time at all we had all three meals prepped and in the fridge.  The rest of the time was spent sitting at the table together and being with one another.  Since all three of us teach online, it was a wonderful way to be together.  We had our computers up, making jokes as one or the other would get an email or a call to interrupt our conversation and food prep.

  • There is so much beauty to be found in simply communing with friends.
  • My job is a beautiful thing, it allows me the flexibility to do it from a friend's house or a coffee shop.
  • Freezer meals are a beautiful thing, I now have three meals that can be tossed in the oven with no prep!
  • My friends are a beautiful thing, we can commiserate, laugh, connect and share.

I deserve BEAUTY in my life!





No comments:

Post a Comment